How do you change the name of a preschool in California?
August 6, 2014 12:47 PM   Subscribe

Asking for a friend who just became a preschool director and wants to rebrand. We have googled the hell out of it but just can't find anything. This is an existing licensed preschool that just wants to have a new name with no other changes. We are in Marin County, California. Hope us?
posted by guster4lovers to Education (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
It looks to me like preschools are licensed by the Depart of Social Services in CA. Here are the regulations governing licensure. They may address this. If not, call the CDSS.
posted by OmieWise at 1:01 PM on August 6, 2014

Contact the CCLD Peninsula Regional Office.
Regional Manager, Sharon Howell
(650) 266-8843
Counties: Marin, San Francisco, & San Mateo
posted by elsietheeel at 1:21 PM on August 6, 2014 [1 favorite]

Thanks guys. She called and found out that she needed form 200a and a cover letter explaining the change, then some updates to current forms. So it's going to be pretty easy. Thanks for your help!
posted by guster4lovers at 3:09 PM on August 6, 2014 [2 favorites]

« Older Identify an old newspaper comic strip?   |   Help me run this contentious meeting! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.