Looking for Halloween sound effects
October 29, 2005 2:32 PM   Subscribe

Need spooky Halloween sound effects for party tonight. Help!

Last year I downloaded the MP3s described here but that sound archive was shut down 'cause of Katrina. Alas, my laptop with said MP3s is in the shop. Anyone have a copy or able to point me to alternative spooky sound effects to add to the mood of our party tonight??
posted by donovan to Grab Bag (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Best answer: I don't know if you've used emusic before but if you haven't, they have a 50 free songs trial and you can d/l all the sound effects from this album, for example. They even have a few freebies.
posted by jessamyn at 3:16 PM on October 29, 2005

I can recommend two musical sources that you could probably find somewhere online. Einst├╝rzende Neubauten's "Strategies Against Architecture" or anything by Throbbing Gristle should provide some unsettling cacophony. Also, Skinny Puppy's earlier works are full of creepy/campy horror film samples.
posted by vkxmai at 4:15 PM on October 29, 2005

Best answer: You could rip off music/sounds from Disney's Haunted Mansion from here.
posted by PantsOfSCIENCE at 4:53 PM on October 29, 2005

donovan, check your e-mail.
posted by Otis at 6:01 PM on October 29, 2005

You'll find a good selection here.
posted by wannalol at 8:02 PM on October 29, 2005

Midnight Syndicate has great Halloween music. Too late to grab a CD, but you can download a few tracks here.
posted by frykitty at 10:43 PM on October 29, 2005

« Older What's Eating My House?   |   Worry about things missing from wallet? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.