Help me find these clip clasp thingies online!
April 18, 2014 4:52 PM   Subscribe

I'm looking for a piece of hardware but don't know what it's called, making it very hard to find it online.

Okay, you've all seen them. They're metal, made of two pieces, one of which has a little loop that swings down and clips over the other one. Then you push a little lever thing down and it exerts pressure and the whole thing clips together tightly. If these have a name I would like to know it! I checked my local big box store and they cost about 5 bucks a pair. I need 16 pairs of them so am hoping to do better. Can you tell me what they're called, or even better provide a link to a website that sells them reasonably cheaply? Thanks!
posted by crazylegs to Shopping (9 answers total)
Might you be able to take a pic of one? I deal with the McMaster Carr catalog every day, but I'm drawing a blank on this one.
posted by spikeleemajortomdickandharryconnickjrmints at 4:59 PM on April 18, 2014

You mean the kind of thing you'd use to fasten a lunchbox or a trunk or instrument case? Maybe a toggle latch or case clasp?
posted by LobsterMitten at 5:01 PM on April 18, 2014

The phrase you're looking for is "draw catch".
posted by straw at 5:04 PM on April 18, 2014 [1 favorite]

Or perhaps "draw latch"?
posted by spikeleemajortomdickandharryconnickjrmints at 5:08 PM on April 18, 2014 [2 favorites]

Lee Valley carries a broad variety that can be seen here.
posted by cpdavy at 5:55 PM on April 18, 2014

I think I know what you mean-- like the two fasteners, one on each side, which hold the lid closed tightly on old steamer trunks, for example.
posted by jamjam at 5:56 PM on April 18, 2014

Here's what I think you mean: drawbolt catch. Amazon 6 for $11.29. More for less from Aliexpress.
posted by Kerasia at 6:04 PM on April 18, 2014

You're not the only one unfamiliar with "draw latch" - here's somebody offering Stainless Spring Loaded Toggle Case Box Chest Trunk Latch Catch Clamp Clips at five for $7.
posted by flabdablet at 6:05 AM on April 19, 2014 [1 favorite]

« Older Looking for a woman's sports watch with no exposed...   |   I want my European vacation more brutal! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.