Where can I find a replacement cabinet pull for these cabinets?
October 6, 2013 3:30 PM   Subscribe

We are missing a pull/handle for one of the cabinets in our apartment. The landlord doesn't know anything about manufacturer or the source of the hardware. The inside of the drawers is labeled as "G* Grass" as a manufacturer but it looks like they make the inner mechanisms not the external hardware. Photo album here. Any ideas on how I can find a replacement? Thanks!
posted by brbmaroon to Home & Garden (7 answers total)
Do the pulls screw into the drawer face? If so, have you tried unscrewing one? Sometimes the brand or model number is stamped on the underside of the pull, or on the side of the screw post going into the drawer.
posted by barnone at 4:15 PM on October 6, 2013 [1 favorite]

It looks similar to Hafele's recessed pull hardware seen here. G Grass doesn't have a pull hardware section I could find in the product pulldown menu on their site.
posted by yoga at 4:27 PM on October 6, 2013

Actually, it's not a recessed pull, but a surface mount, since you can see the drawer face through the center of the pull. Maybe more like this one?
posted by yoga at 4:41 PM on October 6, 2013

Response by poster: Good idea, barnone. I unscrewed one and the only marking says: "BV_MOD.BREV". My googling yielded nothing however.
posted by brbmaroon at 5:16 PM on October 6, 2013

Hmm. Will see if I have time later to do some Googlefu but if nothing shows up, one option is to get something in a similar finish but a different style. So, perhaps a simple curved pull in polished chrome. You'd move the current handles around so the spare one goes on the bottom drawer, or perhaps there's a smaller drawer on the side of the kitchen, or something like that. Basically you'd try to make it tie into the other pulls, but distinct enough that it doesn't look like a poor replacement.
posted by barnone at 5:28 PM on October 6, 2013

Another option to track down the name through humans - was your apartment developed in connection with the building? Was it a recent design? You might be able to track down the contractor or designer, and they'd still have the source files. I helped a friend do that for an important engineering question, so maybe it was easier to get folks to respond to an urgent question like that instead of a decoration problem like this, but it's worth a try!

They look like nice cabinets and my guess is they're not generic pulls available from some online vendor.
posted by barnone at 5:35 PM on October 6, 2013

My suggestion would be to contact the G*Grass distributor nearest you and ask them about the drawer pulls and/or local vendors of their drawers. Likely they will be able to get you closer to the cabinet and therefore drawer pull vendor.

I say this because my new kitchen cabinets have just been installed and the vendor also supplied the drawer pulls.

Good luck.
posted by Heart_on_Sleeve at 7:30 AM on October 7, 2013

« Older Does This Technology Exist?   |   A Double Espresso and a Pickled Gherkin, Please. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.