What are these holes called?
August 11, 2013 5:21 PM   Subscribe

What are these mounting holes called? Is there any kind of plate or bracket I could buy that would allow me to retrofit them onto a device that does not have them, without drilling into the device?
posted by cosmic.osmo to Technology (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Keyhole slots. What kind of device are you wanting to retrofit them onto?
posted by steinwald at 5:37 PM on August 11, 2013

(FYI, the first picture doesn't work.)
posted by mollymayhem at 5:41 PM on August 11, 2013

I'm trying to mount one of these (another pic) to a wall, but it doesn't provide enough clearance under the board for me to feel comfortable drilling a keyhole slot into the enclosure.

The first picture was more or less the same as the second. It worked while I was previewing because I had the image cached. If a mod wants to, the link can be removed.
posted by cosmic.osmo at 5:48 PM on August 11, 2013

Do you need it to be removable? If so, I'd use sticky back velcro. If not, I'd use double sided foam tape.

I'm searching Macky Carr for the right sort of bracket for you, but kinda striking out.
posted by mollymayhem at 6:12 PM on August 11, 2013

You can buy keyhole slots at hardware stores; the last ones I needed I bought at Home Depot. They are designed to be screwed onto furniture but you could epoxy them to your case.
posted by Mitheral at 6:15 PM on August 11, 2013 [1 favorite]

No, they don't need to be removable. That fitting Mitheral linked would be perfect. Thanks!
posted by cosmic.osmo at 6:52 PM on August 11, 2013

« Older What are the best photographs in the public domain...   |   What Happened to ‘Save All Changes’, OS X Preview? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.