August 5, 2013 11:09 AM   Subscribe

I'm very interested in the transactions that take place between Artists and Coders when you stick them together in a room - is there a name for this ? where should I look for more information ?

I'm sort of up on Hackathons, John Maeda and so on but i'm very interested in current initiatives to bring artists, designers and coders together........i've seen the current Defcon 21 with the art+tech taking place......i'd really like to dig into what current things are going on and whether there are any strands of current thinking happening in this area as well - is this something i'd need to sneak into google/apple hq to better understand ?

thanks in advance.
posted by sgt.serenity to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite
"Transactions?" If I understand correctly, what you're talking about is usually called collaboration.
posted by Tomorrowful at 11:15 AM on August 5, 2013 [2 favorites]

Check out Rhizome's Seven on Seven conference.
posted by neroli at 11:21 AM on August 5, 2013

This recent Unconference looked amazing: And there's also XOXO Fest, which is coming up soon.
posted by kelegraph at 11:33 AM on August 5, 2013

I have a PhD in exactly this but it's 5am an I'm on my phone. Memail me?
posted by cogat at 12:04 PM on August 5, 2013 [1 favorite]

Creative Applications covers a lot of that kind of projects.
posted by moonmilk at 12:19 PM on August 5, 2013

Any local meetup groups based around processing would be a good place to start.
posted by robertc at 3:48 PM on August 5, 2013

« Older Procuring a very specific tequila   |   8th grade math tutoring options? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.