Don't ask Don't tell taken too far
July 24, 2013 1:54 AM   Subscribe

Do I have the right to request a statement of benefits if I am an ex-spouse of a federal employee?

I asked for a statement of benefits from the federal employees pension folks and they refuse to give it to me.....I am an ex spouse of an EPA worker .....20 years....He has left the Feds and I was awarded half of his pension and he got half of mine......frustrating called,wrote letters , and faxed....
posted by mhtepesch to Work & Money (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Have your lawyer request the informaiton. I used to answer lawyer's requests for information for the Federal Employees TSP Accounts.
posted by govtdrone at 4:30 AM on July 24, 2013 [1 favorite]

You may have to subpeona the information. Talk to your lawyer.
posted by Ruthless Bunny at 5:14 AM on July 24, 2013

« Older What are good representative episodes of popular...   |   No, my email password is NOT wrong!!! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.