Flat thermal mug?
January 20, 2013 12:08 PM   Subscribe

Is it possible to buy an insulated mug/single serving thermos that is flat, eg, like a liquor flask? (Or at least flatter than the norm.)

I sometimes have to get up early and take a long train ride. I would like to be able to take a single serving of my own coffee with me in an insulated mug (because the train only does instant). However, my insulated mugs are all cylindrical, which makes them a pain to stick in my laptop backpack. Is it possible to buy a flatter mug or flask that would be a neater fit? If so does anyone have specific recommendations? Would need to be available in the UK.
posted by biffa to Food & Drink (4 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
I did a quick search for a military surplus arctic canteen and found this- further searching using some combination of those terms might turn up more.

Only other thought I had was to try to find or make a neoprene cover for your flask, similar to a beer cozy. Here's an example, though doesn't look thick enough to really keep it warm.
posted by Wretch729 at 12:40 PM on January 20, 2013

This might work.
posted by PhoBWanKenobi at 12:41 PM on January 20, 2013 [1 favorite]

This forum has some suggestions.
posted by hoyland at 12:42 PM on January 20, 2013

Flasks Plus on Etsy has a few insulated flasks, including this 64 ounce insulated flask.

note: (one of the designs in the first link is slightly NSFW)
posted by 1367 at 7:32 PM on January 20, 2013

« Older Watching the swearing-in in Seattle   |   Can you help identify this Christmas Present? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.