Help me find this management company for Independent Contractors
August 27, 2012 10:37 AM   Subscribe

While researching healthcare, I came across a firm that works sort of like a back office for independent contractors. You set your rates, clients, but for a fee the billing goes through them, they take out taxes, offer benefits, etc. I can't find the link or recall their name. Help?
posted by Jase to Work & Money (8 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite
There are several. ADP and Paychex come to mind immediately.
posted by dpx.mfx at 11:05 AM on August 27, 2012

Best answer: I think of ADP as a payroll processing service, although I'm not familiar with all ADP services. Solo W-2 sounds more like what you're after.
posted by lex mercatoria at 11:12 AM on August 27, 2012 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: Solo W-2 is similar to what I'd found and I'll take a look at them. After some googling on Solo W-2, I also came up with MBO Partners. Neither was the firm I'd originally run across, but these give me a better starting point than the thousands of unrelated links the google was giving me.

posted by Jase at 11:33 AM on August 27, 2012

posted by brainwane at 11:42 AM on August 27, 2012

Whoops. I misunderstood what you were asking. But I do know that ADP used to provide the billing services at least in reverse (i.e. where the client tells the independent consultant that bills need to be sent to ADP).
posted by dpx.mfx at 11:59 AM on August 27, 2012

My partner uses MBO Partners for this, if you're looking for a comparison. Their health insurance is pretty pricey, though.
posted by linettasky at 2:20 PM on August 27, 2012 [1 favorite]

There are a number companies that do this. Check them out for financial stability, as I know someone who lost a lot of cash when the payroll service she used went under.
posted by theora55 at 4:57 PM on August 27, 2012

« Older How do I get more quality REM sleep?   |   Help clue me in on the meaning/significance of... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.