Medicaid therapy?
July 26, 2012 12:52 PM   Subscribe

I have a friend who lives in Bolingbrook, IL (Will County). She has a car. She's looking for a mental health care professional. There are complications.

She has some form of medicaid ( She has found that most private practice therapists do not take medicaid. What should she do? She feels like she really needs someone to talk to.
posted by zeek321 to Health & Fitness (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Best answer: A friend of mine used to work for Trinity Services in Lockport. They have behavioral health/mental illness group therapy there, not sure if they do individual therapy or if your friend would have her needs met, but I bet they could refer you to someone nearby. Good luck.
posted by jabes at 1:02 PM on July 26, 2012

Response by poster: jabes, that nails it. they say on the site that they do individual counseling and take medicaid/all kids. i'm going to have her call. still watching this thread!
posted by zeek321 at 1:38 PM on July 26, 2012

Best answer: Googling "low cost counseling" + Bolingbrook turns up Community Service of Northern Will County.
posted by aphorist at 1:46 PM on July 26, 2012

« Older Advice for a green musician   |   An alternative to Time Machine? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.