Circular Animation for PCs
June 14, 2005 1:42 PM   Subscribe

You know those circular screens they use at concerts that always have some kind of animation projected onto them? Can I replicate that on my PC?

Do you know of an application or screensaver that creates the same look on a PC? I'm specifically interested in projecting circular animations onto a large wall.
posted by grateful to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)
Best answer: Milkdrop is a plugin for winamp that does a similar thing. It syncs with the music, although some of the modes are so trippy that you can't really tell.

You can run it full screen, and even run it as your wallpaper if you just can't get enough.
posted by Four Flavors at 4:07 PM on June 14, 2005

Best answer: Depends... if you're planning on creating your own video to do this, then you can use something like Sony Vegas, create a mask, so the visible area is circular, as opposed to rectangular.

Mostly, though, circular projections like that are the result of masking the projection source itself, usually with a gobo-esque sort of thing.
posted by dirtynumbangelboy at 4:42 PM on June 14, 2005

Response by poster: Thanks! Everybody wins!
posted by grateful at 8:17 AM on June 15, 2005

« Older Quitting Smoking   |   How to I dispose of pigment? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.