Can anyone identify this tool?
October 3, 2011 12:24 PM   Subscribe

What is this tool? Not sure where it came from. It's six inches long with a handle and hook that are perpendicular to the shaft. The handle is made of wood. The shaft is straight and has an offset that ends in a lobe which is in line with the handle end. The hook pivots freely. My best guess is that it was used to wind something. Anyone recognize it? Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3
posted by BishopFistwick to Home & Garden (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
looks like a faucet wrench of some sort.
posted by rmd1023 at 12:28 PM on October 3, 2011 [1 favorite]

It looks like a cutting tool like a pipe cutter or for something else round like that.
posted by mrgroweler at 12:29 PM on October 3, 2011

looks like it might also be termed a basin wrench.
posted by rmd1023 at 12:30 PM on October 3, 2011

A tooth extraction key.
posted by Nomyte at 12:33 PM on October 3, 2011 [3 favorites]

More on Wikipedia, with a delightful illustration of the tool's use.
posted by Nomyte at 12:37 PM on October 3, 2011 [1 favorite]

Yeah, looks like a basin wrench to me.
posted by bondcliff at 12:50 PM on October 3, 2011

Ok, yeah, I was totally wrong and now I'm going to be awake all night with nightmares.
posted by bondcliff at 12:51 PM on October 3, 2011 [1 favorite]

you and me both... Thanks Nomyte!
posted by BishopFistwick at 12:53 PM on October 3, 2011

« Older Help me put together an arm/hand stretching...   |   Help me help #occupywallstreet Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.