Kidney cancer specialist in Va/MD/DC area?
September 26, 2011 9:39 AM   Subscribe

I need an oncologist that specializes in renal cell carcinoma.

I have just been diagnosed with metastatic kidney cancer several years after my original diagnosis. I am in the Virginia area but, I am willing to travel, VA, Maryland, DC, North Carolina, and even further if they are fantastic.

Please let me know of anywhere you know of.
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (4 answers total)
I work in oncology research, so my first suggestion would be to check out an NCI comprehensive cancer center. UVA has one, as does Johns Hopkins University in MD and Duke in NC.

Good luck.
posted by oh really at 10:06 AM on September 26, 2011 [1 favorite]

Here is a start for you at Johns Hopkins Hospital which is ranked number one each year in this area.
posted by maxg94 at 10:18 AM on September 26, 2011

and even further if they are fantastic

I am a patient at MD Anderson. I see they specialist in your cancer type:
Kidney Cancer at the Genitourinary Cancer Center.

They are built to handle patients from all over the world.

Best of luck to you.
posted by BuffaloChickenWing at 10:55 AM on September 26, 2011

*they have specialists in your cancer type.

posted by BuffaloChickenWing at 12:40 PM on September 26, 2011

« Older Help me ride like I have wings!   |   What's the glue that makes people stick? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.