What sort of mannequin/technique do clothes site use for there product shots?
May 4, 2011 9:19 AM   Subscribe

How do sites like this and this take there photos of products? Its like they are tacket worn by a invisable man or woman. Is it a special sort of mannequin?
posted by toocan to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
It's photoshop.
posted by vorfeed at 9:35 AM on May 4, 2011 [1 favorite]

or they drape the mannnequins in green screen.
posted by special-k at 9:45 AM on May 4, 2011

Best answer: Hey, I do this. I've heard it called the ghost or invisible mannequin technique. Basically how it works is you take a picture of the item on the mannequin. Then you turn the item inside out and take a second picture. In Photoshop, you remove the mannequin from both images, then put the inside out layer under it, and presto! Invisible mannequin. It looks cool, but it does require a lot more editing time.
posted by sephira at 9:49 AM on May 4, 2011 [8 favorites]

Probably photoshop. At least at coggles. You can see the where they drew the clipping path along the outer edge, and it'd be pretty trivial to composite a shot of the inside of the shirt into the original shot.

On preview: apparently it has a name!
posted by thsmchnekllsfascists at 9:52 AM on May 4, 2011

Best answer: This might explain it better than I did.
posted by sephira at 9:59 AM on May 4, 2011 [5 favorites]

« Older Are my shoulders trying to get wider in the bones...   |   Lounges in Dubai Airport Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.