I'm a clumsy oaf. Help me replace this glass.
January 21, 2011 11:09 AM   Subscribe

Trying to replace a vintage-ish glass I broke. Can someone help me with descriptive terms so I can find it on ebay?

Here is a shot of another glass from the set. I didn't buy the glasses myself - they belong to a friend, and I knocked one over a little while ago.
posted by dammitjim to Shopping (9 answers total)
looks like a "parfait glass" to me
posted by cosmicbandito at 11:12 AM on January 21, 2011

It looks like an old fashioned soda fountain/soda jerk glass. I'd look for that sort of thing.
posted by phunniemee at 11:12 AM on January 21, 2011

Looks like an ice cream parfait glass to me
posted by sanka at 11:13 AM on January 21, 2011

Aren't they commonly used for ice cream kind of drinks, like root beer floats? I can picture it with a straw and a long-handled spoon in there.
posted by fixedgear at 11:13 AM on January 21, 2011

'Parfait glass' may be a useful search term. This looks pretty close, actually.
posted by trip and a half at 11:14 AM on January 21, 2011 [1 favorite]

Best answer: Isn't this it?
posted by Admiral Haddock at 11:15 AM on January 21, 2011 [5 favorites]

"Vintage soda fountain glass" turned up this and this.
posted by MonkeyToes at 11:27 AM on January 21, 2011

In addition to eBay, you might try the vintage offerings at Etsy.

I found this by searching under Etsy Vintage for "parfait glass." I can't tell if it's very similar, or if it's the same glass. Can you?
posted by Elsa at 12:12 PM on January 21, 2011 [1 favorite]

Sorry, you asked for descriptive terms. If that Etsy listing is the same glass
(or even if it's just similar), then it gives you some search terms, too.
posted by Elsa at 12:13 PM on January 21, 2011

« Older What can I look at to check the quality of a cheap...   |   the multivitamin efficacy debate Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.