Photoshop tool for color correcting
October 8, 2010 9:34 AM   Subscribe

Photoshop function to display multiple versions of the image with different color casts.

Photoshop has a tool that will show your image in the center of a 9-image grid. The center image is uncorrected. The 8 surrounding images are all tinted in different colors, the effect of tinting the center image. This can be very helpful in fixing color balance issues. I used this tool years ago but now I can't remember what it is called nor figure out what menu it is located on. I'm using Photoshop CS3.

I'm not looking for tips on other ways to fix color problems - I know many other ways. I'm just trying to find THIS tool within Photoshop. Thanks!
posted by jcdill to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)
Best answer: Image>Adjustments>Variations
posted by nomadicink at 9:37 AM on October 8, 2010 [1 favorite]

Best answer: In CS2, it's Image > Adjustments > Variations
posted by bcwinters at 9:38 AM on October 8, 2010 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: Thank you both!
posted by jcdill at 12:32 PM on October 17, 2010

« Older How is it possible to restructure automatic habits...   |   clever house design ideas wanted Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.