Help me find a specific clock for my house...
March 16, 2005 2:28 AM   Subscribe

Some years ago I saw a clock, which appeared to be made from 'valves' sticking out of a metal block...inside the valves was an old fashioned illuminated number. So the clock was digital, with old fashioned (think 60's space programme) orange was quite expensive, and now I have gainful employment and a half-decent house to put in, I want to track one down. Any ideas?
posted by mattr to Home & Garden (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
you want to be googling for nixie clock - those "valves" are nixie tubes.
posted by andrew cooke at 2:35 AM on March 16, 2005

in fact, the paid link for that search leads to this.

posted by andrew cooke at 2:37 AM on March 16, 2005

Jester69 posted some links about the nixie clock a couple of years ago including how to build your own. I want one too!
posted by Tarrama at 3:12 AM on March 16, 2005

Thats it....many thanks!

(My Visa card is itching!)
posted by mattr at 3:51 AM on March 16, 2005

I can highly recommend the nixie tube clocks built by this guy. I have this one - it gets the time from the GPS signal and looks just gorgeous.
posted by Mwongozi at 11:09 AM on March 16, 2005

Anyone know the projected life span for these? I have ConsumerLust....
posted by Rumple at 1:54 PM on March 16, 2005

« Older Phonetic Swedish   |   Quick Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.