Art Deco Switchplate
August 15, 2010 2:51 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find more switchplates like this? It's metal, something heavy, so not aluminum. Kinda art-deco style.
posted by allelopath to Home & Garden (8 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Those are cast iron filigree switch plates. A quick image search turned up this Etsy listing (in particular, this image from that listing shows a switch plate that appears to be identical to yours). The seller says that they are currently on vacation, but will be returning September 1st. Perhaps you can contact them when they return -- their old Etsy listing indicates that they had additional stock.
posted by RichardP at 3:07 PM on August 15, 2010 [2 favorites]

Is it this one?
posted by carmicha at 3:13 PM on August 15, 2010 [1 favorite]

Rejuvenation might have something similar.
posted by spilon at 4:18 PM on August 15, 2010 [1 favorite]

Try Liz's Antique Hardware in LA.
posted by Ideefixe at 5:07 PM on August 15, 2010 [1 favorite]

The pattern in this gold coloured one is close.
posted by bonobothegreat at 5:33 PM on August 15, 2010

I believe if you search for "architectural salvage" you might find something.
posted by Red Loop at 6:29 PM on August 15, 2010

For what it's worth, IMHO, that style isn't art deco but art nouveau. The give away is the curvy, peirced work with a flower and vines motif. Art deco would be less organic and more geometric/abstract/modern.

why yes, I have been watching a lot of Antiques Roadshow.
posted by sbutler at 8:33 PM on August 15, 2010

Thanks for the responses. I'll see what pans out.

sbutler: thanks for the correction.
posted by allelopath at 7:06 AM on August 16, 2010

« Older Peach pie   |   I wanna make a photogram! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.