just trying to get to school
September 18, 2009 5:16 AM   Subscribe

I'm applying for a student visa to the UK. Do I have to mail my passport with my application?

This is all a lot more confusing than it should be. The form I was given when I submitted my biometric details says I need to include my "travel document" along with my application. Is this my passport? I can't find the answer to this on the visa4uk website.
posted by Eumachia L F to Travel & Transportation around United Kingdom (3 answers total)
Best answer: Yes. The visa will be affixed to a page in your passport: it's an official-looking sticker with your photo, signature, a hologram, etc. It's validated when passport control stamps you through during your first entry to the UK.
posted by woodway at 5:21 AM on September 18, 2009

Best answer: Yes, seconding that. The reason they say 'travel document' is because it's possible to travel around the EU with just a national identity card. Send your passport along with the application and fee.
posted by Happy Dave at 5:39 AM on September 18, 2009

Response by poster: Thanks for the quick answers. I'm sending this out today and I've only just discovered there's a second form I need to fill out, so I'm feeling frazzled. I really appreciate the clarification.
posted by Eumachia L F at 5:49 AM on September 18, 2009

« Older Offsetting sea level rise: An engineering idea of...   |   Canadian diamond wedding band in NYC/NJ? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.