Where to get a M.A.T. in visual arts?
December 22, 2004 5:30 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find a comprehensive list of US schools offering an M.A.T. in visual arts? Also, will it make things difficult if I receive my M.A.T. in a state I do not intend to teach in?
posted by Marit to Education (3 answers total)
Peterson's Graduate School and Program Search form. Using a keyword search of "visual arts M.A.T." yielded 363 matches.
posted by icontemplate at 5:43 PM on December 22, 2004

You don't have to get a degree in the state in which you want to teach, but your degree program does have to meet the criteria that are set up by the state in which you want to teach. Contact the state office or board of higher education and ask them where you can find those criteria. Most accredited programs will meet most states' requirements.
posted by Sidhedevil at 6:25 PM on December 22, 2004

You'll also probably have to do a certification exam in whatever state you want to teach in.
posted by spaghetti at 7:23 AM on December 23, 2004

« Older What are some good cocktails and other concoctions...   |   How to fix the signature on a debit card. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.