What kind of backpack is this?
August 30, 2009 9:27 PM   Subscribe

What kind of backpack is this, and where can I find it?

I've seen people around with backpacks that are kind of a mix between a one-strap backpack and a messenger bag, similar to this. What is this style called and where can I find it?
posted by ohsoferrety to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I just got a bag from this line that seems very functional and high quality. It seems like a cross between a backpack, messenger bag, and purse. I don't know what the style is called.
posted by Dilemma at 10:28 PM on August 30, 2009

One-strap backpacks are sometimes called "slings." eBags and Amazon have a few.
posted by transporter accident amy at 12:00 AM on August 31, 2009

or Laptop Sling Pack.
posted by artdrectr at 12:53 AM on August 31, 2009

Whenever I'm looking for something modern-male-chic, I usually check Blokesbags. Not sure if they have exactly that mix you're looking for, but it might be worth a glance.
posted by Phyltre at 5:56 AM on August 31, 2009

Maybe try MEC?
posted by purlgurly at 9:02 AM on August 31, 2009

Not sure where you are, but my local (Fairfax, VA) REI had a pile of these in the clearance rack just in front of the door.
posted by ydant at 12:04 PM on August 31, 2009

Response by poster: Thanks all.

transporter - Thanks, yeah, it's a sling.

Phyltre - Yeah, exactly, modern-chic is what I'm going for. Unfortunately, I'm not in the UK, but that site has given me a general direction. Thanks!
posted by ohsoferrety at 12:33 PM on August 31, 2009

I think these are sometimes also called DJ bags, since their shape allows for carrying records.
posted by orme at 12:47 PM on August 31, 2009

« Older Drupal vs Joomla vs Wordpress vs ...?   |   Help a doll with puttin' on the ritz Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.