Need either 240V only or bicurious with 110V CD Clock Radio in NYC or online.
December 8, 2004 4:59 PM   Subscribe

Global citizen looking for either 240V only or bicurious with 110V CD Clock Radio in NYC or via online sites. O' Wise Ask MeFi, where do I find the perfect alarm clock to wake up with when in Bombay? I'm not yet desperate enough to make exceptions for 110V clocks in drag using a voltage convertor.

Oh for the record, I just want a bookshelf sized option with an easy to read clock face, nothing teeny like a travel clock.
posted by riffola to Shopping (5 answers total)
they make wind-up and battery-powered normal alarm clocks (I use a battery-powered big ben, along with a plug-in radio alarm clock)--maybe one of those?
posted by amberglow at 5:45 PM on December 8, 2004

oh, i just saw the radio part--how about this?
posted by amberglow at 5:50 PM on December 8, 2004

Response by poster: I want it with CD and radio, something that's not travel sized, just good old fashioned electric alarm clock/cd/radio with battery back up. I just thought it might be less hassle to find something on this end of the globe to use there. Worse case I'll just settle for a voltage transformer.

Thanks for the links though! :)
posted by riffola at 6:18 PM on December 8, 2004

Get a clock with an external wall wart transformer.

That way when you're in bombay you can buy a replacement transformer that definately will match their plug types and voltage / frequency requirements.

That's if you refuse to go the separate battery powered CD player and wind up clock route (I also suggest this, since I don't know how reliable the electricity in India is...)
posted by shepd at 10:13 PM on December 8, 2004

Response by poster: Oh actually electricity is reliable in Mumbai. The CD option is just nice to have. We have a very decent home theatre setup with audio components, and stuff. This is just a small thingy for the bedroom, and somthing better to wake up to than a blaring alarm sound.

Thanks for the tip, I agree after searching all over, a transformer or local purchase is the way to go.
posted by riffola at 10:43 PM on December 8, 2004

« Older PayPal   |   Should I communicate to other that I have ADHD? If... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.