flip flops that don't flop!
June 30, 2009 7:45 PM   Subscribe

Sandalfilter: Australian shoe, looks like a flip flop, but with strap farther back and a peg for between big toe and middle. Named something like yogi shoe. Any bells?
posted by mrstrotsky to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (11 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Are you thinking of Yoki fashion sandals?
posted by torquemaniac at 7:55 PM on June 30, 2009

Nope, they're sort of croc-like. Made out of plastic or rubber. unisex.
posted by mrstrotsky at 7:57 PM on June 30, 2009

They call them thongs.
posted by furtive at 7:59 PM on June 30, 2009

They call them thongs
Thongs= flip flops= OP already mentioned that they are similar but not thongs/flip flops.
posted by ishotjr at 8:00 PM on June 30, 2009

posted by furtive at 8:01 PM on June 30, 2009

Btw, mrstrotsky, I know what you're talking about, but I don't know what they're called either and now it's going to drive me crazy, haha.
posted by ishotjr at 8:03 PM on June 30, 2009

Sorry to post again but, I think it would help to add this if this is also what you are thinking of:
They have a peg between the toes that is NOT part of a strap.

They're kind of like this, but not gold and they have a strap across the archish area, right?
posted by ishotjr at 8:06 PM on June 30, 2009

These are called toe-knob sandals, or padukas.
posted by shadow vector at 8:19 PM on June 30, 2009

ishotjr's got it, just like that
posted by mrstrotsky at 8:25 PM on June 30, 2009

found it!

posted by mrstrotsky at 8:28 PM on June 30, 2009

See also Dopies.
posted by Metroid Baby at 5:36 AM on July 1, 2009

« Older Nerd-tastic Philadelphia   |   Gemstone scam? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.