Basic image editing question
May 20, 2009 1:17 AM   Subscribe

Basic image editing question

How do you stretch text and images in photoshop? I'm sure this is an easy question, but I don't have the software yet, and I want to hit the ground running. Please look at the attached image to see what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.
posted by SouthCNorthNY to Technology (4 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
Easiest way, CTRL-T to enter Free Transform mode. Whatever layer is active will have handles on the corners and sides.

With scaling you can hold SHIFT to constrain proportions, and ALT will make it resize from the center.

By holding CTRL you can distort. With CTRL held you can drag any of the corner handles indepentantly to get the distortions you're seeking.
posted by sycophant at 1:54 AM on May 20, 2009

Best answer: Edit -> Transform -> Perspective is the way to go. The side handles will give you the first effect; the corner handles will give you the second one.

A free transform (Ctrl-T) won't give you the ability to distort the image in the way you've depicted.
posted by le morte de bea arthur at 2:36 AM on May 20, 2009

Free transform, with the CTRL modifier (CMD on a Mac I believe) will allow the transforms you're after. CTRL + SHIFT will constrain on an axis.
posted by sycophant at 2:48 AM on May 20, 2009

sycophant is right about the Ctrl thing. I'd never used that before :)
posted by le morte de bea arthur at 2:51 AM on May 20, 2009

« Older Hilarious Shakespeare?   |   I love stationery! Help me learn to make my own! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.