Custom window sticker source?
November 20, 2004 7:10 PM   Subscribe

I want a window sticker with a particular design, and can't find it for sale anywhere. I want one of those clear static-cling stickers designed for the inside of the window, not the "bumper sticker" type that uses adhesive. Cafepress does not appear to offer this as an option. How might I go about getting such a sticker made?
posted by Mars Saxman to Media & Arts (7 answers total)
Add "static cling" and/or "window decals" to your search terms.
posted by obloquy at 7:21 PM on November 20, 2004

Windshield Relief (TM) Patent Pending.
posted by azul at 8:30 PM on November 20, 2004

how did I read your post twice and not see the words static cling in it until now? Also: Windshield Relief- cool!
posted by obloquy at 8:56 PM on November 20, 2004

You can buy sheets of inkjet-printable static cling material so that you can print them yourself on a desktop inkjet printer. A cursory Googling found one place that has them here and here but I'm sure there are plenty of others.
posted by Dr. Zira at 9:32 PM on November 20, 2004

a possible problem with the inkjet stuff is that (most?) printers don't print white. so you need to coat it with white from the back, after printing, apparently. which means no designs that exploit transparency.
posted by andrew cooke at 8:28 AM on November 21, 2004

Any local sign shop with a Gerber EDGE machine will be able to do high-quality static cling decals pretty inexpensively. How about this FastSigns near you?

725 Pike St Ste 7
Seattle, WA 98101
posted by Optimus Chyme at 9:24 AM on November 21, 2004

Response by poster: Thanks!
posted by Mars Saxman at 10:26 AM on November 22, 2004

« Older Replacing battery on Dell Inspiron 4000 causes...   |   North Queensland Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.