Bald male skin care
April 15, 2009 12:22 PM   Subscribe

Bald male looking for scalp/face care. Not vain, but my scalp is looking mottled, uneven. I'm told that men's skin is different from womens. What can I use to protect/and look better on top, and on my face/eyes?
posted by ebesan to Health & Fitness (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Depending on where you are, you might want to stop in at a Kiehl's store and ask them to recommend some of their skin care products for men.
posted by CunningLinguist at 12:57 PM on April 15, 2009

moisturizer with sunscreen
posted by gnutron at 1:28 PM on April 15, 2009

second the recommendation to stop in at a kiehl's store, if there's one near you—they have lots of great unfussy products and will work with you to find what you need.

if you can't get to one, at the very least you should get yourself a good moisturizer with spf 15 to 30 to use on your face and scalp every single day. the anthony logistics for men moisturizer has really good reviews on sephora; i'd also try something from clinique's men's line. if you'd rather go drugstore, try neutrogena men's or aveeno.
posted by lia at 4:30 PM on April 15, 2009

Do you wear hats and sweat a lot? Here's some pictures of mottling and unevenness due to tinea versicolor of the scalp. If this looks familiar, Selsun Blue Medicated will get rid of it fairly quickly.
posted by aquafortis at 5:48 PM on April 15, 2009

« Older Emergency responders and accident victims - share...   |   Pen name Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.