Tax consultant with ACA qualification from UK looking to work in Malaysia
March 29, 2009 11:05 AM   Subscribe

What are the working opportunities for tax consultants with ACA qualification in the UK looking to emigrate to Malaysia?

My girlfriend is currently working as a tax assistant consultant in the UK, studying for the ACA qualification in the meantime, with one more year to qualify.

She would like to emigrate to Malaysia, but worries that by working in tax in the UK, she wouldn't have many transferable skills and experiences, assuming the tax rules in Malaysia to be quite different from in the UK.

How can she best prepare to be recruitable in Malaysia. What field is more desirable in the accountancy profession there?
posted by ianK to Work & Money (1 answer total)
I know of some Malaysia friends that sat the ACA. I'd suggest contacting ACA and asking them for information.
posted by divabat at 5:50 PM on March 29, 2009

« Older How to deep clean vinyl floors   |   Why is "references upon request" so common in... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.