Epson Artisan 800 All-in-One Printer bought in USA? How to use in U.K?
January 28, 2009 7:03 PM   Subscribe

Just returned from fabulous 2 week holiday in New York. I Brought back Epson Artisan 800 All-in-One Printer from Staples costing $230. Unfortunately, I cannot use it in U.K., unless I plug voltage converter/transformer products. Has anyone else bought this set over there with more success? Any advice \ information appreciated. Please specify me What exact voltage converter product to buy & where to buy it from USA online store. Thanks.

I checked again the Epson Artisan 800 All-in-One Printer power information:
Power Requirements

Rated voltage: 120 VAC
Rated frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
Rated current: 0.8 Amp

Power Consumption

Approx. 26 W ISO 10561
Approx. 5.5 W (Sleep Mode)
Approx. 0.3 W (Power Off Mode)
ENERGY STAR® compliant

This is why I cannot understand it blowing.

posted by omaralarifi to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)
Does it say that on the actual transformer as well? 50Hz is much more common on 240VAC. Most universal adapters just need plug adapters and not all out transformers, but you have to look on the sticker to confirm voltage ranges.
posted by so_ at 7:13 PM on January 28, 2009

Best answer: I think you want this:
posted by goingonit at 9:45 PM on January 28, 2009

Does the printer have an external transformer on the power cable like this? If so, check what's written on the power block. If it says something like "input voltage 100-240V" then all you need is a 2 quid plug adapter. If there is no external power brick, then you need a transformer like goingonit linked to.
posted by Jakey at 5:01 AM on January 29, 2009

You should be able to get by with one of the smaller ones from Maplin like this one.
posted by Lord_Pall at 11:10 AM on January 29, 2009

« Older Dealing with dementia   |   Who are the world's greatest singers? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.