What is the name for this style of art?
September 29, 2008 7:33 AM   Subscribe

Is there a name for this style of digital art?

Characteristics: vector-based; floral; one-color silhouettes on colorful backgrounds

Seems like it was a lot more popular around 2005-2006. Searching for "floral" brings up a lot of them, so that may be the best descriptor, but is there an official name for it?

Bonus points if you know of any designers or clothing companies that design primarily in this style, and do it well.
posted by relucent to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
I've only ever heard of it referred to as "vector art" (mostly deviant art, etc) --because, as you said, it's vector based.
posted by PhoBWanKenobi at 7:40 AM on September 29, 2008

No clue on the name but there were a bunch of these shirts in H&M the other day.
posted by katrielalex at 7:41 AM on September 29, 2008

On istockphoto, this is mainly part of a floral/splatter/graffiti/collage style tagged vaguely as "grunge"
posted by cowbellemoo at 7:47 AM on September 29, 2008

Overuse of photoshop brushes?

Otherwise, grunge and/or vector.
posted by niles at 2:46 PM on September 29, 2008

They're made using photoshop brushes. a couple of the ones you linked to use these Japanese Foliage brushes from designfruit. Not sure what it might be called, but I'd say something like vector silhouettes.
posted by asras at 8:21 PM on September 29, 2008

« Older From Russia With...?   |   What is the procedure for getting a 'certified... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.