June 10, 2008 10:39 AM Subscribe
I am looking for a good menu planner/template that fulfills what I think are pretty basic features.
posted by like_neon to Food & Drink (4 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
About once a week I create a weekly menu (mainly for dinners) for my boyfriend and myself. I create this using... Notepad.
I list the ingredients needed for shopping at the top and all the recipes below. It works ok but I wish I could use something a bit snazzier to reuse past "hits" and such. Right now, I don't even save the files because I usually do this at my work computer at the end of the day.
What I would like:
- Allow me to enter my OWN recipes (I usually cut and paste them from recipes linked in my del.icio.us account)
- Let me reuse them easily.
- Let me create a separate list for ingredients shopping (if it could pull them out of the recipes, that would be awesome!)
- Save weekly menus
- Online access
Nice to have:
- Keep track of how often I use particular recipes
- Budgeting options where I can enter grocery totals
Most solutions I've checked out so far make me use their own database of recipes or suggest their own meals, which some people may like but I find restrictive.
Oh and I'd like this to be Free!