Mountain View, CA - is it livable?
April 13, 2004 6:44 PM Subscribe
Mountain View Mountain View Mountain View
. 'Might be moving there for a summer. Is it livable? [more inside]
posted by zpousman to Travel & Transportation around Mountain View, CA (24 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I've got a chance to intern out in Mountain View for the summer. Living arrangements are taken care of for me, so I'm not so much worried about rental price stickershock. But the apartmen is *in Mountain View* and thus, I can't live in San Francisco (I've never been there, but I hear great things of course).
1. What's to do in Mountain View?
2. What's to eat in Mountain View?
3. What is accessible without a car? (I'll be by the Moffet Air Field) Is there any city in Mountain View or is it one huge suburb?
4. Can I get into San Fran easily on Caltrain. Does the train run late?
5. Should I get a bike? I hear the biking is great in and around San Fran. Should I get a surf board? I'm not good, but hey, the cold pacific is calling my name.
6. Anything else (you beautiful) people can tell me?