Travel to Hawaii...which hotels? What to do?
February 26, 2006 10:20 AM Subscribe
Going to Hawaii in the start of November for my Honeymoon...9 days I think. I love to Hike and all that fun stuff, my fiance will hike but likes to do lighter things due partially to a heart murmur (she also likes to shop). I get bored just laying on the beach, she has a high stress job so I think she needs some relaxation time. So any suggestions?
posted by UMDirector to travel & transportation around Oahu, HI (13 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
We are flying free to LAX from PHL and then getting a flight from LAX to Oahu. Probably also staying in Maui and the Big Island.
I am including a quote from one of the travel places...do you guys think this is a good price? I am a bit concerned about the hotels as I checked Trip Advisor and some people hated them which makes me nervous (but I also now some people who have one bad experience tend to over blow the thing). So any personal experiences would be helpful. Thank you SOOOO much...I trust MeFi far more than a travel agent motivated to sell...
FYI going from these hotels to the next step up (Hyatt, Marriott etc) brings to total up about $1200...worth it?
This is through Hawaiian Travel Bureu (Any experience with them)?
PACKAGE FOR OCT 31 - NOV 9:
1) AIRFARE from LA for 2: $496.50 per person, including 2 inter-island flights
2) HOTEL for 3 nights on Oahu:
- Partial ocean view room at Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber: $468.00 total, including all room taxes
3) TRANSFERS round trip from Honolulu Airport to the hotel, with flower lei greeting: $56.00 total
4) HOTEL for 3 nights on the Big Island:
- Mountain/garden view room at Royal Kona Resort: $255.00 total, including all room taxes
- You get these specials: Value Rate
5) HOTEL for 3 nights on Maui:
- Garden view room at Royal Lahaina Resort: $534.00 total, including all room taxes
- You get these specials: Sunsaver Rate
6) CAR RENTAL on Big Island and Maui: Economy $204.00 total, including all taxes and fees
TOTAL PACKAGE PRICE: $2,510.00 for 2 (or $1,255.00 per person).
ALL TAXES AND FEES are included.