recent book on 100? concepts of the afterlife

Within the past year or two (approx.), there was a book published that laid out (in a somewhat light-hearted, abbreviated manner, for mass market) many various imaginings from religion, folklore, etc., of what life after death may be like. Can anyone recall it for me?
posted by mmiddle to Religion & Philosophy (5 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

I think it is Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives.
posted by Pater Aletheias at 7:50 AM on February 7 [3 favorites]

The Pocket Guide to The Afterlife? I have this, it's a great book.
posted by lakersfan1222 at 8:17 AM on February 7

Here's another "Pocket Guide to the Afterlife" that looks like it might be a contender.

The one I linked in my previous comment, by Augusta Moore, is almost completely illustrated, whereas this one by Jason Boyett does not look like it is illustrated, but I've never actually seen it, just the "look inside" view via Amazon....
posted by lakersfan1222 at 8:26 AM on February 7

This one was a little under-the-radar: Dirk Quigby’s Guide to the Afterlife: All You Need to Know to Choose the Right Heaven., but came out in last couple years. The author's from the Pacific Northwest, so you're slightly more likely to have heard of it if you live in this area.
posted by redsparkler at 8:46 AM on February 7

Thank you all! It was Sum that I was thinking of, but these others sound like fun too!
posted by mmiddle at 9:06 AM on February 7

« Older Asking for my husband - he rec...   |  My house is becoming an ice fo... Newer »