Popcorn, but not Hot Butter
October 8, 2005 2:35 PM Subscribe
Why do so many funk songs reference popcorn?
posted by furtive to media & arts (18 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
So many funk songs reference popcorn, but depending on the song it seems to allude to anything from booty to sex to drinking, to just plain old freaking out. So what's the deal? Any do you know of any other songs besides the following?
Off the top of my head I can think of:
- James Brown - Mother Popcorn
- The Soul Generals - Grandma's Funky Popcorn
- RDM Band - Butter that Popcorn
- Eldrige Holmes - Pop Popcorn
- Big Daddy Graham Trio - Tightening Your Popcorn
- Doc Oliver - Soul Popcorn
- The Poets of Rythm - Hotpie's Popcorn
- The Supremes - Buttered Popcorn