Free online graphing app that plays well with Excel?

Asking for a colleague: "Back in October 2008, I found a free online app that uploaded data from Excel and produced (very pretty) charts and graphs. Unfortunately, I didn’t keep track of the website, and I’m having trouble tracking it down again. Most of the free graphing apps I’ve found online today require that you manually input the data; I’m looking for something that will more easily upload a set of data from Excel."
posted by lassie to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite

Maybe you're thinking of IBM's Many Eyes?
posted by thisjax at 4:07 PM on November 22, 2011

Take a look at this online implementation of R's ggplot2 package.
posted by stratastar at 5:55 PM on November 22, 2011

Also take a look at tableau. They have a free version.
posted by stratastar at 6:23 PM on November 22, 2011

Thanks for the answers, everyone. I'm waiting to hear back if any of these is it, but Thanksgiving may get in the way.
posted by lassie at 10:54 AM on November 23, 2011

Sorry for the delayed response, but my colleague just informed me that Many Eyes it is. Thanks, thisjax and everyone else too.
posted by lassie at 9:44 AM on December 9, 2011

« Older I just started volunteering at...   |  Is a transdermal patch or topi... Newer »