Plunge boldly into the thick of life, and seize it where you will, it is always interesting. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
May 24, 2011 1:21 PM Subscribe
How to make myself GREAT in 6 weeks?
posted by Sassyfras to human relations (53 answers total) 68 users marked this as a favorite
Each summer the kids and I take a summer trip to Pennsylvania to visit with my family and so that the kids can actually play all day long outside - how summers should be!
My husband will be joining us the last week of the trip. I want to be absolutely fantastic by the time he sees me again. I want to look great and I want to be interesting and just awesome. Mysterious would be cool too. How do I pull this off?
1. I'd like to lose 10 pounds. How do I do this? I need specifics. I need a plan down to the detail on how to do this and not talk myself into eating all the garbage I usually eat. I enjoy running, so I'll keep that up while I'm in PA.
2. I have 100 + acres at my disposal, most of which is wooded. It also contains three very small ponds and a small "river." Lots of bears too! I also have access to a lake that is about 3 miles around, with a path that goes around it.
3. I have three children. I still need to take care of them.
4. We will be in the middle of nowhere. Closest store/town is about 20 minutes away. Venturing out isn't always feasible.
5. I really like to eat my mom's homecooking. I can easily at the drop of a hat talk myself into eating anything (and then regretting it terribly as soon as I finish it).
6. Said lake is part of a fancy association with accompanied fancy parties. I'm an introvert and I typically despise these get-togethers, but I was thinking that maybe it would be a good place to help me be more interesting. I'm a wallflower at these things. Although I grew up with most of the people there, I'm pretty sure that none of them know who I am (or have forgotten).
7. I don't just want to look fantastic, but I want to be interesting too. How?
What else can I do in 6-7 weeks that would make me a better person, someone my husband would be really interested and excited to be with? Not only that, but someone I'm excited to be?