How to unfxor a Verizon ENV2 cell phone?
August 3, 2009 11:26 AM Subscribe
What demon has possessed my girlfriend's Verizon ENV2 (AKA LG VX9011
) and reduced it to a mostly deaf and mute state? How do we exorcise this malevolent presence?
posted by de void to technology (10 answers total)
GF carried her phone and a laptop in a large tote bag while traveling this weekend. When she next used it after taking it out of the tote bag, she found she was unable to hear anything when making calls and callers were unable to hear her. We suspect that the laptop jostled into the cell phone and pressed lots of keys and set the phone into whatever "condition" it is in now.
So, here's the current condition:
- Her phone displays, both inside and outside, are fine. All keys/buttons seem to work normally.
- She can make and receive calls, but hears absolutely nothing when either the front or internal speakers (not even rings), and call recipients hear nothing from her phone.
- If she goes into ring settings and asks the phone to play a ringtone, the display will show the ringtone playing, but nothing is audible from the speakers.
- The "speaker" button on the inside of the phone, which normally turns the speakerphone on and off, now does nothing. However, the phone is recognizing that it is being pressed, because the display will light up if it is pressed.
- If she uses the alarm clock function in her phone, the alarm will activate and the alarm *IS AUDIBLE* from the phone, using any ringtone she chooses. So there is apparently nothing wrong with the speakers themselves.
We've navigated through the phone's "Setting" menu tree several times and can't find anything that seems relevant. Verizon tech support via phone call hasn't been able to help us either (the techs just seem to be following a canned flowchart, not applying critical thinking).
We're thinking now that we'll try a "hard reset" on the phone, if we can find a code to do so.
Any other ideas mefites?