Are third-party vendors available to support a Fonality PBXtra system?

We need help breaking free from Fonality's annual service contract - are there third party vendors who provide support or will we need to move to another system?

We purchased a Fonality PBXtra phone system (which is Asterisk-based) about a year ago. We're coming to the end of our service contract and are trying to decide whether we need to renew.

I have been EXTREMELY unhappy with the quality and timeliness of their technical support, but I also am afraid to go without any sort of support at all.

Their service agreements only allow for annual support, not a case-by-case basis. For the 2 to 3 times per year when all hell breaks loose, I cannot be without support as I know little to nothing about Asterisk.

What this boils down to is: is there anyone else who provides support for Fonality? Or are we stuck?

Since we only purchased this system a year ago, I would really rather not have to eat crow and buy a new system. If that's what it takes though - I'm mildly entertaining the idea. Are there any other "plug-and-play" type Asterisk based systems similar to Fonality?
posted by fracturing to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

"Are there any other "plug-and-play" type Asterisk based systems similar to Fonality?"

I can't really speak to the first part of your question, but as for this, Switchvox is another popular choice. No support for HUD though, and guarantee that Switchvox's tech support is better than Fonality's (I've never dealt with either one directly.)
posted by CrayDrygu at 12:01 PM on March 13, 2009

That's, "...and no guarantee..."

« Older Can I successfully switch care...   |  Why are airplane seatbelts dif... Newer »