Best TV on DVD?
September 4, 2008 6:08 PM Subscribe
posted by jjsonp to media & arts (58 answers total) 25 users marked this as a favorite
My wife and have enjoyed the following shows (broken into tiers), and I'm wondering what people would recommend. We don't get much entertainment value out of movies, but rather prefer the length and character/plot development of TV-on-DVD. Also it's nice if the show is already over so we can watch the entire series.
- Six Feet Under
- Arrested Development
- Firefly (probably would be Tier 1 if there were more seasons!)
- The Office
- Big Love (she likes it more than I do)
- Heroes (I like it more than she does)
- Northern Exposure
- Reality TV (American Idol, ANTM, Survivor)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (I liked them more than she did)
- Twin Peaks
Things we quit after watching a couple of episodes:
- Babylon 5
- Family Guy
- The Shield
- The Simpsons
We're not really into animated shows, and typically neither of us likes episodic stuff as much as something with a plot that develops throughout the season.