Mt. bike course marking poles needed
July 25, 2010 12:28 PM   Subscribe

Anyone have a US supplier for these? I want to use them to mark a course for bike racing.
posted by jeffmac to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total)
Would electric fence poles work for you? Seems pretty similar.
posted by wackyvorlon at 12:36 PM on July 25, 2010

yeah, that's what they are traditionally used for. i have found some on ag supply sites.
posted by jeffmac at 2:00 PM on July 25, 2010

Back when I used to be a member of a club that hosted a 'cross race, I think we got a ton of similar fence posts from the guys at Pioneer Events. Based on your profile, I guess this might be the wrong side of the country for you, but maybe they can give you some advice.

This kind of course marking is used all the time in 'cross, so you might want to ask on Cyclocross Magazine's forums for some advice.
(Full disclosure: I work for Cyclocross Magazine. Sorry for the semi-self link, but the forums there really will be helpful to you. Someone may even have some you can rent or borrow for your race.)
posted by dseaton at 3:23 AM on July 26, 2010

« Older Playing YouTube videos on a Moto Droid   |   Booze booze and more booze! Food? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.