A good alcoholic drink for a good buzz
February 1, 2008 8:15 AM Subscribe
What alcoholic drink do you find the least troublesome on your body? What's your favorite choices for avoiding hangover, reflux, bloating, (insert your own ailment)?
posted by chips ahoy to food & drink (37 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
Interestingly when I was in my 20s, we'd drink anything in the house, but now that I'm older my body's getting a lot more picky about its drinks.
* Cheap beer, namely Bud Lite, is dirt cheap but seems to give me brain fog that lasts a few days (I wonder if anyone's noticed anything similar).
* Good beers, like Shiner Light and Sam Adams Light go down smooth but make me feel bloated.
* Wine seems to give quite a hangover, though I'm not sure if that's just the specific wines I'm getting.
* With sugary drinks (Baileys, ciders, coolers, etc) they get me more hopped up on sugar than alcohol... I suspect my blood sugar goes through the roof, and it doesn't mix well with a buzz.
* The hard liquors seem to give me reflux, though maybe there's mixed drinks that are easier on the stomach.
Anyhow... my question is: if you have a picky body, what alcoholic drinks do you find easiest on you, for whatever reasons? Maybe there's something you drink that's worth trying.
For the time being I think I may be steering towards the IPA ales this weekend since they have a lot of "buzz" per bottle and go down smooth. I know I could just not drink at all, but I hold Friday night drinks to be one of my decadent sins.