Beans and Rice and Beans and Rice
June 3, 2014 5:58 PM Subscribe
I have set myself a goal of paying off my $10k credit card in the next 6 months. After I cut out all luxuries, entertainment, eating out, new items for myself etc, the main variable is food. I have trimmed the fixed payments where I can and accepted the ones I can't. I need to feed myself, my partner, my 9 year old daughter and my dog. Please help me do this as cheaply as possible! Short term pain, long term gain and all that.
posted by Youremyworld to Food & Drink (48 answers total) 139 users marked this as a favorite
I am in Adelaide, Australia so things like coupons and Aldi/Costco are out.
I'm really looking for...
* Ways to cut down on the grocery bill
* Ideas to make things last longer and things I can go without that 'seem' like staples
* Cheap and tasty meal ideas
* Cheap and extra tasty lunch ideas that won't have me crying for the snack machine at 3pm
* Any other ideas to help me save as much money as possible before the end of the year
Also, I don't drink coffee or tea so there is nothing to cut back there.