How can I ensure that I poo daily?
April 1, 2014 9:11 PM Subscribe
I don't always poo every day, but I would like to. What should I be eating?
posted by paleyellowwithorange to Food & Drink (58 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite
I don't suffer from constipation or diarrhea, and I've got no reason to be worried about my current poo frequency. But I would just feel better if I pooed every day. It feels good to poo out what my body doesn't need. I'm sad if I get through the day without feeling the need to poo.
I'm 38 years old, male, and vegan. I have generally fine physical health. My average daily diet is something like this:
- porridge (oats and rice milk) and a cup of tea (with rice milk) for breakfast
- a freshly squeezed fruit/veg juice on the way to work and again in the afternoon
- a soy latte at morning tea time and again after lunch
- a healthy vegan main meal for lunch - I work close to a wide variety of restaurants, and so vary what I eat each day
- a cup of tea or a soy chai latte at afternoon tea time
- a couple of pieces of (white bread) toast with olive oil and golden syrup (or Vegemite) when I get home, and another cup of tea
- fresh fruit and veg for snacks throughout the day and evening, and cups of tea here and there
- maybe some more toast or porridge during the night if I can't sleep
I've established through experience that my body is happier when it receives warm foods and drinks throughout the day, so things like porridge and toast and cups of tea are important.
I drink the lattes because I struggle with alertness in the afternoons.
What foods/drinks should I add to or emphasize in my diet to achieve a daily poo? What foods and drinks will just naturally get things moving in my bowels?