What's your favorite credit card?
October 1, 2013 9:07 AM Subscribe
I am (finally) shopping for a credit card and I want something with cash back and/or airline rewards. What do you recommend?
posted by bluelight to work & money (26 answers total) 21 users marked this as a favorite
I'm in my mid 20s and I've been using a debit card or cash up to now. I don't make a lot of money so I'm very on point about my spending habits and paying off the monthly balance in full should not be a problem for me...it's just that I haven't made the leap because I feel overwhelmed by the options and possibility of hidden fees etc. etc.
- I have an account with USAA (but read mixed things about their credit cards)
- I have a joint account BoA Visa credit card with my mother that she set up but I've never signed up for a credit card on my own
- I don't have a car so don't care for credit card gas perks
- Given my financial situation and preferences, I don't see myself in the market for buying a house or a car anytime in the short or long term. I also have no desire to go back to graduate school. Does this mean I don't need that much credit?
- I spend most of my money on groceries/essentials (most of it is rent but I pay for that through a bank transfer)
To be honest, I'm not really sure what I should be looking for in terms of a credit card or what restrictions I might have since I'm young and inexperienced. Since I do use Amazon somewhat frequently, I was leaning towards getting an Amazon rewards card. As for other rewards, I'd love to just get cash back or airline miles.
What's your favorite card and what do you recommend?