Who has anger made you ?
July 13, 2012 7:53 AM Subscribe
Help me understand Anger and its relation to self-esteem, loving relationships, circmstances, and daily life. Are you or have you been and angry person ? to what extend have you been able to spot the causes and / or gotten better ? How did it feel ?
posted by Jireel to human relations (10 answers total) 13 users marked this as a favorite
I am searching for testimonies / ressources / podcasts /websites, on anger, but which could be on the theoretical side, not so much as the anger-management aspects, but rather would like to understand my family's and ex partner way of functionning, if such a thing as properly understanding it, makes sense. If you are angry, or close to people who get agry often, I'd be really really glad to hear about anything that would help me see more clearly. Feel free to memail me if the post makes you embarassed. Specifically :
- Angry feelings, angry reactions, angry words, within a relationship of love,
- Anger and self-esteem ( or shame, even ?)
- Anger and sincerity : does anger really make people do and say things they would never have wanted to do or say on other times ? really never ?
- to what degree can anger change a person ?
- Anger and regrets (what is going on ?), anger and the aftermaths..
- Anger and personnality styles (psychological studies ? Myer-Briggs Personality test data ?)
- Anger and addictions (do people who have addictions, be it to cigarettes, weed, or alcohol, have a different relationship to their emotions ? to anger specifically ?
- Anger and (perhaps) general perception of the other, especially the person who is being put down.
- Anger and distance in times of tension: does it help ?
sidenote : I come from a family where anger was a very free thing (lashing out, insulting, putting the other down on a quasi-daily basis, between my parents, and from my siblings towards me). I went on therapy for years, and feel like I have a pretty balanced emotional life nowadays, with general satisfaction of most of my relationships, happy times, and what seems like a healthy kind of "moderation", so much on the difficult aspects of life, as the joyful ones. But I do sometimes fall for men who are on the extravert / intense (in positive, and negative) / angry side of emotional things. Hence my question. Thank you in advance, and I keep going with the therapy :)