Have you taken editing classes at UChicago's Graham School?
April 2, 2012 7:54 AM Subscribe
Do you know anything about UChicago's Graham School, particularly its Editing curriculum?
posted by cribcage to Education (2 answers total)
The Editing curriculum offers several classes that seem interesting/useful, and if I took one or two classes and enjoyed them, then I might consider finishing the certificate. I live in Boston so these would be three-day intensive classes.
If you have any experience with the Graham School's program, I would really appreciate hearing as much detail as you're willing to share.
- What are the workload and classroom dynamics like?
- What are the students' backgrounds?
- How are the three-day classes laid out?
- Have you found the experience helpful outside a professional editor's role?
- Would you recommend the program to others, and under what circumstances?
I'm hoping for anecdotal data more than general advice from people unfamiliar with the Graham School. I am not pursuing a career in editing. I took a similar editing class at Harvard some years ago and it really helped my writing. I am looking at UChicago with similar expectations, as well as just for fun.
Thanks in advance!