How can I set up a schedule for everything in my life?
October 26, 2011 7:22 AM Subscribe
I need help scheduling my life -- figuring out daily, weekly, and monthly chores, maintenance schedules, etc. What are some resources or tips for putting a useful (and ideally more permanent) structure on my time? What should that structure look like?
posted by Deathalicious to Grab Bag (14 answers total) 39 users marked this as a favorite
- Married, with one person working full time
- Brand new baby (one month old), so advice on looking after his needs is needed too
- Just bought medium-sized old house with plenty of things to upgrade, but right now just want to make sure nothing breaks down over the winter
- Currently working from home, but might commute up to three days/week (commute is around an hour each way by public transport)
- Two cats
- I have ADHD, my wife does not.
- I'm not instinctively clean or organized..
In a perfect world, someone would come in, look at the house, us, our things, and write out a daily schedule, weekly schedule, monthly schedule, and yearly schedule that I could just then stick to without having to figure it out myself.
Barring that, I need tools to make this process as simple as possible, with the least amount of mental effort. Right now I feel like this is something I can't figure out on my own.