Seeking new smartphone and new cell provider
October 23, 2010 10:57 AM Subscribe
iPhone/AT&T user, tired of my iPhone and wanting a new (reasonably priced) smartphone (thinking Blackberry) WITH GPS and a reasonably priced cell phone plan with minutes/unlimited text/unlimited data. BB/smartphone users, tell me your experiences, as well as T-Mobile users.
posted by Dukat to Technology (15 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I have had an iPhone 3 for going on a year and a half now (or since it first came out), and the older model before that. I'm tired of the iPhone and looking for something new.
What I want in a cell-phone:
(1) Some web-browsing (not a heavy web-browser, but do like to look things up, probably open 5-10 web pages a day some days)
(2) E-mail, e-mail, e-mail (with G-mail)
(3) MUST HAVE GPS: iPhone's GPS has been a life-safer for me.
(4) Easy texting---doesn't need to be a touch-screen.
(4a) BB users/phones with keyboards: what's texting like?
(5) Visual voicemail
I don't have a single song or app on my iPhone, I use it mostly to text, some web browsing, and for phone calls.
What I want in a cell-phone provider:
(1) Decent customer service (AT&T has been great to me, but unfortunately their service is pretty spotty in the relatively major metro area that I live in)
(2) Reasonably priced (probably the most important thing)
(2a) Reasonably priced for unlimited text and data, and some amount of minutes.
I'm thinking BlackBerry/T-Mobile. Droid/Verizon seems wonderful but it sure is pricey, and I'm not prepared for that yet.
Share your thoughts, recommendations, love/hate experiences.
Thank you so much!