I want to know more about this man in the photo...
October 9, 2010 5:37 PM Subscribe
I want to know more about the mystery man in this photo
posted by HopperFan to Media & Arts (11 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite
I found the photo in an antique shop for $1, and was just so taken with this guy's expression and attitude that I had to have it.
1. Is that a pencil in his vest pocket? What are the other two items in there? Does it suggest any kind of profession to you?
2. What kind of hat is that?
3. Is that a certain kind of pattern on the shirt, or is it just a generic calico?
4. I couldn't find anything on "Queen Photo" - all my searches resulted in results for actual queens or present day photo shops with 'Queen' in the name.
5. Any guesses on the time period? I had my own guesses on this, but I don't have any firm knowledge to back this up. Maybe 1866-1879? The card is 2.25" x 3.25". (around 5.5cm x 8.5 cm, though it's clumsily trimmed)
The borders are not embossed, and nothing is written on the back other than the price, in pencil.