Please help me find financial management software that both (1) keeps data in sync when used on multiple devices and, (2) works offline.
For the past 4 years I've been tracking all my finances in Quicken 2006. Yes, you read that right - Quicken 2006, for 4 years. Yes, the fact that I haven't upgraded does indeed mean that I can't download bank data right now, and am doing all data input manually. Honestly that doesn't bother me that much. Sure, the program does crash every now and then, and the interface could be a little nicer, but overall it's met my needs nicely.
Recently though I've been interested in finding a slightly more powerful solution. Specifically, I'd like the ability to access my data offline from several locations and keep it in sync. I'm aware of Mint.com and some of the other online providers, but I'm not sure I want an online-only solution. It's rare, but at times I may be without a reliable internet connection for a while (for example: when overseas), and I'd still like to be able to keep track of my finances as I go. An ideal solution would be a web application with an Android client that functions even when my phone has no internet access, and pushed queued updates to a server when internet access was restored.
Basically, I need a financial management program with the following features:
- The ability to enter all data manually, including "cash accounts" like the money in my wallet
- The ability to easily synchronize data entered on separate devices (for example, my laptop and my desktop)
- Full functionality even when an internet connection is unavailable (presumably using cached data in the case of a web app)
- Tracking of all balances for all bank accounts/credit cards/loans/envelopes in my wallet/etc
- The ability to enter scheduled transactions
- Day-by-day balance forcasting (like Quicken's graph in their calendar view)
- Reports and graphs
- A "reconcile" feature to compare my own records against my bank statements
Quicken does all these things except the synchronization, which is something I really want. Mint.com does (I believe) all these things, except it doesn't work offline. I can't seem to find exactly what I need.
The following features are nice-to-have, but not absolutely essential:
- An Android client. This would be sooo sweet, but along with the above I would hope it would work offline when necessary and sync with the cloud when it could.
- The ability to download transactions from banks and check them against my manually-entered data
- Investment tracking
- Associating scanned receipts with a transaction
Does anyone know a software package or web solution that meets my needs? If not, can you suggest the closest thing you know of? I know Mint.com is working on an Android client. Does anyone know if it would function when offline? Does Mint's iPhone app do this?